The gifting season is among us, and the Burch Library is kicking the season off with its first-ever Holiday Pop-Up Market. Shop a variety of handmade crafts, home décor, food and artwork made by local vendors at this exciting event! Feel good about giving a one-of-a-kind gift to a loved one this year, while also supporting local entrepreneurs and business owners!
The Lucius E. and Elsie C. Burch, Jr. Library Director, Deanna Britton, is excited about the upcoming event. “This is the library’s first-ever holiday pop-up market. Hosting a holiday market is another extension of doing what we already do every day, making materials and services available to the community. People have a great interest in unique shopping experiences and purchasing handmade products, especially during the holidays. An equal benefit is providing support and visibility to local artisans and small businesses,” she said.
Local vendors include:
- Designs by Daisy (Cake testers, scissor holders & Kleenex holders)
- Barbara Hicks Originals (art prints, cards & small art work)
- Sarah’s Sauces (8oz jars hot fudge and salted caramel sauce)
- Wolf River Honey (100% pure honey, creamed honey, beeswax lotion and lip balm)
- Designs by Charles Taylor (Christmas crafts & Holiday flower arrangements)
- Mary DeBenedictis (Hand painted ornaments, copper crosses, Santa & angels pen & ink water color)
- Bumbletees (Handmade pillows, tea towels & notebooks)
- Trades of Hope (Handmade women’s accessories and home décor from women around the world empowering them out of poverty)
- Essentially Joyful Life (essential oils and wellness products)
- L K Martin Electronic Quilting (quilts, quilt ladders & various other quilted items)
- Debbie Vertrees w/ Scentsy (scented wax warmers, scented bath bombs and more)
Britton encourages you to grab family AND a friend to visit the Library with you for this festive event! “Come join us and find a gift for friends, family, or yourself! And since this is a family event, the kids can celebrate the season with some holiday crafts. Just drop in, make a project, and take it home. While geared towards 5th grade and under, elves of all ages are welcome,” she said.
In addition to the Holiday Pop-Up Market, children can enjoy some arts and crafts time according to Youth Services Librarian, Julia Trumpy. She said, “During the Holiday Pop-up Market, there will be a ‘preview’ of the 12 Days of Craft-mas event that we hold in December. The preview will consist of a holiday craft children can make and take home with them!”
Make plans to visit the Burch Library on November 9th from 10AM-3PM and pick up that special gift for a loved one this holiday season!