CUMC’s Sanctuary on the Square’s 9th Annual Chamber Music Series has been announced! Starting on October 10, 2021, there will be 5 performances throughout the 2021-2022 season. As always, performances are free of charge and doors will open 30 minutes prior to listed start time.
October 10th 2021 | 7pm
World Premiere Evening
- Sabrina Laney Warren, soprano, will perform three compositions from composers P. Brent Register and Cathy Collinge Herrera. “Sing, Sweetly, Forever” will open the program, followed by a composition for soprano and flute. The six movements of “Smoky Mountain Landscapes” are arranged from both historical texts and contemporary audio resources.
October 24th 2021 | 7pm
- Noted classical guitarist and member of the Rhodes College faculty since 1994, John Ross incorporates several string instruments, including guitar and lute, to engage audiences during his unique performances.
November 14th 2021 | 7pm
- The three outstanding musicians of Luna Nova are back for another Series performance! Under the direction of Dr. Patricia Gray, Luna Nova is a group of artists devoted to the music of the 20th and 21st centuries, who have frequently performed in Memphis and the surrounding area. They also organize the Belvedere Festival at Grace-St.Luke’s Episcopal Church, where an annual international composition contest has brought in a total of 35 young composers to Memphis to have their works performed.
January 9th 2022 | 7pm
- The first performance of 2022 will feature pianist TingTing Yao, who appeared during the 2019-2020 Chamber Music series season. She is currently the Staff Pianist at the University of Memphis Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music. She is also a freelance pianist who collaborates with singers and instrumentalists throughout the world.
March 6th 2022 | 3pm
Young Artist Series – Collierville High School Band
- To wrap up the season, the Young Artist series presents the Collierville High School Band, under the leadership of Director of Bands Thomas Richardson and Assistant Director of Bands Cari Burgess. The Pride of Collierville is one of the premier band programs in Tennessee, and they participate in regional, state and national events each year. As part of their curriculum, they create chamber ensembles, and will offer selections from various ensembles within the band program.
Source | CUMC Sanctuary on the Square Chamber Music Series